Sunday, July 26, 2009

Week 4 -2. Do you want to make a friendship or to collect friends?

The question above was posted by one of my friends in Facebook. I remember this question again because it has similar notion with what Charlene point out in discussion board.

At the beginning, I only added people that I knew or people who I thought have the similar interest or goals. Later, the friend requests became wider and based on the belief that making a lot of friends is the purpose of social networking, I always confirmed them as friends. It was quite fun to build up friendships with new friends. But the more friends I have, the more difficult I keep in touch with them. I must admit that most of the time I keep in touch with friends who I already know before.

A few friends of mine actually misrecognize me with someone else. My name is a very common name in my country; there are a lot of women whose name are the same with mine. I knew that they misrecognize me when they tagged me on their photos or when we had a chat conversation. I usually removed the tag and informed them that I am not the person. It was funny sometimes but sometimes it also annoying. After that, I become more careful in making a new friend in Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment